Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A promise that must be kept....Peanut noodles.

Compartir
Hey, well today I promised that I would post a peanut noodle recipe. She saw the photo and said that it looked really delicious....so, here it is!
When you see the ingridients in this recipe you probably think that they don't go together, but when you taste it, man!!! These ingridientes were made for each other.

Easy Peanut noodles.

1/8 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2-1 tablespoon sweetener (I used sugar)
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
4-8 green onions, sliced (or one big onion)
1-3 tablespoons spicy red chili sauce (optional)
3-5 tablespoons peanut butter

Prepare the sauce. Add the sesame oil, soy sauce into a sauce pan. Add the onions and let cook a little bit. Add the rest of the ingredients....let the peanut butter soften a bit so it is easy to cover the noodles with.
When it resembles a sauce you are ready to add the cooked noodles..I used whole wheat pasta because I like the flavor but you can use whatever pasta or noodles you want.
Toss them in the sauce and that's it. If they seem a little dry add a Tablespoon or two of water. You can serve it cold or hot, it's good either way.

Enjoy!!!


In other news....one of my friends turned...I can't really tell you how old she turned but the point is that she had her birthday. So I made a birthday cake for her, it was chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and caramel in the middle. They loved it and it was finished before I knew it....finally I had a piece of cake in a birthday other than mine.

Happy Birthday Mari Cruz!!!

1 comment:

jessy said...

wow! the peanutty noodle goodness looks amazing! i never would have thought to add cilantro & onions to peanut sauce - it sounds like a tasty addition! thanks for the recipe, too! i love that your recipe calls for chili sauce. mmmmmmmm!

dan & i are glad you enjoyed the pizza dough recipe! thanks for trying it out & for the feedback, too! :)

chocolate cake filled with caramel & frosted with chocolate?! oh my gosh, that sounds AWESOME! i love the picture, too! yay!