Thursday, April 2, 2009

I still can't believe it!!!!

Compartir





Hey guys! I can't explain how excited I am right now, really, I have a smile from ear to ear.

Well, let me start.....

A couple of weeks back I sent my internship application to PETA. I was really excited but I had to be patient, the weeks went by and I didn't hear a response so I thought I didn't get it. My whole family was a little sad because I have been saving for quite a while to go intern at PETA.

Anyways, yestarday I finished tutoring a kid and his mom called to tell me she was stuck in traffic and if the kid could stay with we a while longer, I agreed. I went for my ipod (I have no idea as to what a 6 grader likes) thinking we could play something. I noticed that I had two new emails, I click "inbox" and there it is, an email from PETA. One part of me was really excited to open it and the other part was really scared, what if I didn't get it? I slowly opened it, as I read I started to jump in my chair. I got the internship. I got up and I have to be honest, I started hitting the poor kid (I hit when I'm excited...hehe. Don't worry it wasn't anything serious), then I went on and jumped on the couches. I know, how embarrassing, but when I'm really happy I can't hide it.

I'm very excited because I've been saving for quite some time now for this, so being accepted is just wonderful. Of course that when I think about it I get teary...okay, so I don't get teary but it makes me remember when I first started being vegetarian. I was in high school and I remember browsing through the PETA page and there was something about internships...I thought it would be so cool to intern but I was 16 at the time and they only accept people 18 or older, still I saw the possibily of going very far away.....but now it's happening!!! I'm excited to learn about animal rights, I want to become a better activist and be more helpful around my community when it comes to animal rights.



In other news, I went to the US for a quick trip and I brought back some goodies. Here they are...



A diary so that I can keep all my recipes organaized
Don't judge me, I wanted to get some new books and these two just happened to be on sale... but I have to be honest, I'm really enjoying confessions of a shopaholic and I've never even seen the movie.


VegNews. LOVE this magazine!



You will probably notice that I'm more than excited to try some stuff but that's only because sometimes it can be hard to find these ingridients in Mexico.





I suppose that's all. I'll post another recipe very soon, maybe even today.

Take care!!!

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Congratulations!!! What fantastic news, I'm so glad that you got it :) Is it a volunteer position or a paid internship? Just curious, haha.

I have never tried the Follow your Heart cheese, although its readily available and I've heard good things about it. I'm just so wary of fake cheese (tell that to the two types of Teese I bought last weekend, haha).